Pinnacle offers complete optogenetic hardware kits for new users. The key component of the Pinnacle system is the Stimulus Controller which provides precise timing, illumination control and integration with the electrophysiological system. LED fiber probes are used to provide the stimulation and are compatible with standard stereotaxic cannula placement techniques and do not require an optical commutator.
The kit includes the following (all quantities are one unless otherwise noted):
- 8401-HR: Data Conditioning and Acquisition System
- 8413-M: 12" 15-Pin Cable
- 8417-PS: Power Supply for 8401-HS, 8480, 8480-SC, 8242-PWR, 8442-PWR
- 8417-AD: Adapters for 8417-PS
- 8426: 18" Mounting Plate
- 8480-SC: Stimulus Controller
- 8480-CON: Connector between 8480-SC and 8401/8506
- 8481-M: Stimulus Commutator for Mice
- 9002: USB Cable (2)
For first time buyers, we recommend purchasing a headstage kit (8400-K13) to complement the hardware system.